The general conditions of the online store www.majaperetin.com are drawn up in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act (ZVPot), the Personal Data Protection Act (ZVOP-1) and the Electronic Communications Act (ZeKom-1).
The general business conditions cover the rights and obligations of the buyer and the online store www.majaperetin.com (hereinafter the provider, online store or seller), and regulate the business relationship between them.
The online store reserves the right to change the general terms and conditions of business without prior notice. The general terms and conditions valid on the day of purchase are binding for the buyer, so we advise you to always read them for possible changes. When submitting an order, the buyer is also reminded of the general business terms and conditions and must indicate that he is familiar with them.
BASIC INFORMATION OF THE PROVIDER
Name: Maja Peretin, self-publisher
Address: Šmiklavž 6, 2381 Podgorje
Tax number: 29414792
Taxpayer : No
Identity number: 2511992505321
Date of entry into the register: 11/11/2021
Main activity (SKD): Self-publishing
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEFINITION OF TERMS
The online store is intended for the presentation and sale of products to the user. It is managed by the provider – Maja Peretin.
A customer is any legal or natural person who made a purchase in the online store www.majaperetin.com.
At the end of each purchase, the buyer confirms that he accepts the general business conditions published on this page and other published conditions and changes that the provider will publish on these pages.
Personal pick-ups are only possible with a prior agreement on the time and place of pick-up.
A user is a natural or legal person who uses the online store, i.e. a buyer. A registered user is a natural or legal person who has registered as a registered user in the online store.
The sales offer is the offer represented by the items presented on the web address of the online store.
The language of business is Slovenian. The sales contract between the buyer and the seller is concluded in the Slovenian language.
The registered office of the provider is at Šmiklavž 6, 2381 Podgorje.
The registered office of the provider is at Šmiklavž 6, 2381 Podgorje.
AVAILABILITY OF INFORMATION
The provider undertakes to always provide the customer with the following information:
- Identity (name and address of the self-publisher, tax and registration number),
- contact information that enables the user to communicate quickly and efficiently (e-mail),
- essential characteristics of goods or services,
- availability of products (every product or service offered on the website should be available within an understandable or agreed time frame),
- conditions of product delivery or service performance (method, place and deadline of delivery),
- all prices must be clearly and unambiguously specified,
- method of payment and delivery and delivery costs,
- the period during which it is still possible to withdraw from the contract,
- explanation of the complaint procedure, including all contact person information.
For a successful purchase, customer registration is mandatory. The entered data will be protected in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act (ZVPot) and will not be used for any other purpose, except for the processing of customer orders.
OFFER, PRICES, DELIVERY TIMES
The price in the online store www.majaperetin.com is the same for both registered members and guests of the online store. All prices include VAT. The prices are valid at the moment of placing the order and have no further validity.
In the event that the price of the item changes during the processing of the order, the provider will inform the buyer about this. The provider will try to the best of its ability in every case to provide the customer with a lower price or to offer an appropriate solution that will satisfy both parties. Otherwise, the provider earns the right to withdraw from the purchase contract and return the purchase price to the customer. If the buyer does not like the change, he has the right to withdraw from the purchase.
ORDER AND PRICES
The sales contract between the provider and the buyer is concluded in the online store www.majaperetin.com at the moment when the provider sends the buyer the first email confirming his order. From this moment, all prices and other conditions are fixed and apply to both the provider and the buyer.
The sales contract (i.e. the first electronic message about the status of the order) is stored in electronic form on the www.majaperetin.com server and is available to consumers upon their written request.
We ship all orders as soon as possible. In the case of products where a longer delivery period is specifically marked, this is taken into account.
The online store www.majaperetin.com allows the following payment methods:
- by pre-invoice (UPN order) to the provider’s account,
In case of personal collection at the provider Šmiklavž 6, 2381 Podgorje, it is possible to pay in cash or collect with prior payment of a UPN order.
Warning: these conditions and packaging and delivery costs apply only within the Republic of Slovenia.
After delivery and payment of the ordered items, the provider also sends the customer an invoice, in addition to the ordered goods. The price and all costs related to the purchase are detailed on the invoice. The buyer is obliged to check the correctness of the data before placing the order.
I. Product selection: On the website www.majaperetin.com, select the product and click on the “Add to cart” link. The system informs you that the product has been successfully added to the cart. If you want to continue shopping, click on the “Continue shopping” link and return to the online store. If you want to complete the purchase, click on the “Complete purchase” link and the system will take you to the shopping cart.
II. Removing a product from the shopping cart: On the website www.majaperetin.com, there is a shopping basket icon in the upper right corner, in which (after clicking on the icon) the user will see the products that were added to the shopping basket while browsing the online store. If the user wants to remove a certain product from the shopping cart, he must click on the cart icon and cross “remove“. If the user wants to add a specific product to the cart, he must click on the “Continue shopping” link. By clicking on the mentioned link, you will be returned to the online store.
III. Shopping cart: You must fill in the required fields to complete the order.
- 1. Delivery address: You must provide the required contact information marked with a red star (name, surname, e-mail address, address, city, postal code and phone number), which we need to confirm and complete the order, and product delivery.
- The form enables a user account to be created and the user’s data is already saved for the next order.
- 2. Delivery cost: The user can choose between Pošta Slovenije or personal collection at the provider’s address.
- 3. Method of payment: payment by advance invoice (UPN) or by cash upon personal collection,
- 4. Coupons and gift cards: If the user has a valid discount coupon or gift card, enter it in the appropriate field and click the confirm button.
- 5. Order review: The products that the user added to the shopping cart while browsing the online store are displayed. The price of the product, the cost of postage, the value of VAT and the total cost to be paid are visible in the shopping basket even before the order is completed.
IV. Order completion: The user can review the provided delivery information, the payment method he has chosen and the contents of the shopping basket. The user confirms the order by clicking on the ‘Submit order’ button. If the order was successfully completed, the text “Your order was successful” is displayed on the website. Thank you for your purchase! Your order number is: xxxx.”
THE CONSUMER’S RIGHT TO WITHDRAW FROM THE CONTRACT
- In the case of contracts concluded at a distance, the consumer has the right to unequivocally notify the company by e-mail (email@example.com) or through some other communication channel within 14 days that he withdraws from the contract, without having to give a reason for your decision.
- The consumer must return the goods to the company no later than 14 days after the notification of withdrawal from the order. The consumer returns the goods to the address: Maja Peretin, Šmiklavž 6, 2381 Podgorje. The only cost charged to the consumer in connection with the cancellation of the order is the direct cost of returning the goods.
- The consumer must return the item to the seller undamaged and in the same quantity, unless the item is destroyed, damaged, lost or its quantity has decreased through no fault of the consumer.
- When returning the goods, the consumer also sends the invoice for the goods and personal data, as well as the transaction account to which he wishes to receive the returned payment. We will refund the payment within 14 days of receiving the notice of withdrawal from the contract.
- In case of withdrawal from the contract, the gift voucher is considered as a means of payment and returned to the user as a gift voucher.
The online store www.majaperetin.com and all information on it, images of articles, graphic and video elements on the website are protected and may not be reproduced or used without prior written permission.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The provider makes every effort to ensure that the information published on its website is up-to-date and correct. However, product features, delivery times or prices can change so quickly that it is sometimes not possible to correct the information on the website. In such a case, the provider will inform the buyer about the changes and allow him to withdraw from the contract or exchange the ordered item.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
We reserve the right to disable the website or disable access to it due to technical or other problems and maintenance, which also means disabling or hindering the use of the online store. In the event of technical problems on the website, we reserve the right to cancel orders that were affected by the technical error. In case of cancellation of orders, we will notify you as soon as possible and inform you of further steps. You yourself must ensure adequate equipment protection (antivirus, etc.) before accessing and using the website. The buyer must ensure adequate security and confidentiality of the data used to register on the website (e-mail address, password).
COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
The provider complies with the applicable European legislation on consumer protection. The provider makes every effort to fulfill its duties, to establish an efficient complaint handling system and to designate a person with whom, in case of problems, the buyer can contact by phone or e-mail.
The complaint is submitted via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. The appeal process is confidential. Within five working days, the provider will confirm that it has received the complaint, inform the customer how long it will take to process it and keep him informed about the progress of the procedure.
The provider is aware that an essential characteristic of a consumer dispute, at least as far as judicial resolution is concerned, is its disproportion between the economic value of the claim and the costs incurred in resolving the dispute itself. This is also the main obstacle for the consumer not to initiate a dispute before the court. Therefore, the provider makes every effort to resolve any disputes amicably.
In the case of judicial settlement of disputes, the court of the consumer’s permanent residence is competent.
Out-of-court settlement of consumer disputes
In accordance with legal norms, we do not recognize any provider of out-of-court resolution of consumer disputes as competent to resolve a consumer dispute that a consumer could initiate in accordance with the Act on Out-of-Court Resolution of Consumer Disputes. Maja Peretin, which as a provider enables online shopping in the territory of Slovenia, publishes on its website an electronic link to the platform for the online resolution of consumer disputes (SRPS). The platform is available to consumers at the link HERE.
The aforementioned regulation comes from the Act on the Out-of-Court Settlement of Consumer Disputes, Regulation (EU) No. 524/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the online resolution of consumer disputes and the amendment of Regulation (EC) no. 2016/2004 and Directive 2009/22/EC.